POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) : Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k)
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 24 Mar 2001 07:24:55
Message: <3ABC917A.DA074AB0@skynet.be>
=Bob= wrote:

> I think you're right about the textures,
> I'm still trying to get "roughness" but
> not figuring it out yet.

Don't hesitate to play with small scales normals to give some
grain.  For a natural rust pattern I'll recommend you to look
at Bouf's latest IRTC entry (cbwor.jpg) in worship, for its
wall texture. The source must be availiable.

> I'll try the post processing as well next
> time. Do you think the picture is washed
> out, or too dark?

No, no big problems, but adjusting contrast(+), brightness(-) and
saturation(-) will make it better.

Fabien.